What are the statistics, if any, on the number of Hollywood child stars used and abused by “the industry?”
- Drew Barrymore: became a substance abuser after being introduced to the “scene” as a child by her father John Barrymore, an actor (and alcoholic), and her mother, Jaid, who “took her to nightclubs up to five times a week”
- Amanda Bynes: had a public breakdown in which she alleged, then retracted that her father sexually abused her and that he had her “microchipped”; there are unproven allegations that she was a victim of a Nickelodeon producer
- Miley Cyrus: “I did feel sexualized.”
- Dakota Fanning: At the age of 12, stars in Hounddog, a movie about a minor who becomes “promiscuous” and is eventually raped
- Corey Feldman: “I was molested and passed around.”
- Shirley Temple: tabloid allegations about “the sexual predators who drove her from showbiz”
- Macaulay Culkin: Court TV reports — “Cook: I caught Michael Jackson groping” him as a childThey say a picture is worth a thousand words.
One journalist who worked in Hollywood, Thomas Wictor, says that sex with children in Hollywood — not just in private, but actually in front of “audiences” — is a police-protected open secret.
Skipping ahead a few Tweets, to save you the trouble of scrolling.
Skipping one more Tweet.
Child sex trafficking in Hollywood.
Molesting child stars.
“Nothing to see here; move on.” Right?
It’s part of American culture.
It’s how things are done for fame, power and money.
Originally posted August 3, 2017 to Medium.com by Dannielle Blumenthal, Ph.D. All opinions are the authors’ own. Cover photo: Google screenshot.
Leave a Reply